The Position: Assistant Broker
Are you a detail oriented individual who doesn’t apologize for the quality of your work? Do numbers excite you? Are you a lifelong learner who’s always looking to improve? Do you love working with an amazing team passionate about technical expertise? If this sounds like you, then read on for more details!
About Lloyd Sadd:
Our Edmonton office is modern, stylish, and fit for a magazine cover! We have a fun working culture and are situated in the trendy 124th Street Art District.
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers Ltd. is one of Alberta’s largest and most respected independent insurance brokerages representing a diverse portfolio of thousands of individual and corporate clients. Founded in 1941 and built on a solid foundation of relationships, Lloyd Sadd Insurance is a multi-generational success story. Our clients are innovative leaders in Alberta’s energy, construction, transportation, hospitality, and manufacturing sectors. We partner with our client to fully understand their business which in turn, allows us to successfully understand their insurance needs. We are trusted advisors making a difference.
With a current complement of over 130 people, Lloyd Sadd is poised to continue growing both organically and through acquisition. With two locations in Alberta, we take pride in our ability to attract exceptional talent and build top performing teams who deliver the best results for our clients.
We are looking for a special, passionate administrative professional who can effectively manage their workflow around competing priorities without sacrificing service quality, and deliver consistent, high end results on schedule. The successful candidate will be detail driven, highly organized, and will be passionate about providing exceptional client service at all levels.
As an important part of the Marketing team, the Assistant Broker works with the Broker to facilitate the risk placement process by:
- Checking insurance documents for both existing and prospective new clients;
- Review and organize client information into insurance submissions;
- Tracking insurer responses and quotations received;
- Prepare, update and maintain Excel spreadsheets;
- Preparing, updating and maintaining various documents such as spreadsheets, reports, proposals, and comparisons for use in client presentations;
- Managing various internal and external correspondence related to client file management;
- Assisting with the renewal of annual service agreements;
- Collaborating and participating during team meetings;
- Performing other administrative support functions to assist the Broking team;
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- General Insurance Knowledge considered an asset;
- Level 1 Insurance License preferred;
- 1-2 years prior Administration Experience;
- Advanced skills in Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent organization, planning, and prioritizing skills;
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate on the status of assignments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salaries based on knowledge and experience;
- Comprehensive Benefits after 90 days of employment;
- Matching RRSP Contributions after 90 days of employment;
- Flexible Working Arrangements & Schedules;
- Career development & Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Discounts;
- Health and Wellness Initiatives;
- Referral Bonuses for both New Business and Talent;
- A positive and safe work environment!
Attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining dedicated team members, is a critical component of Lloyd Sadd’s success. We commit ourselves to a culture that motivates and recognizes high performance through professional development opportunities which include progressive responsibilities, recognition for effort and rewards based on results.
Ready to apply? We thought so!
Apply online by emailing Courtney Fry, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an updated copy of your Resume and Cover Letter!
We thank all those who apply however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.