REPORTING TO: Director of Broking
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Broker is responsible for reviewing risks and executing strategic market approaches and placement of accounts in the insurance marketplace on behalf of the commercial service teams. The positional objective is to ensure that clients handled by the Broker receive effective technical, risk, product, and market advice, and that optimized solutions are negotiated and offered backed by the most appropriate carriers at competitive premiums.
By satisfying the risk-based goals of clients, the Broker will have both a direct and indirect impact on the growth and success of those clients and Lloyd Sadd.
DESIGNATED SPECIALTY: Complex Risk / or / Construction, Contracting & Energy
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages based on skills and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits after ninety days of employment.
- RRSP matching component.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Flexible working hours.
- Personal Days & Health and Wellness Days.
- Positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth development and internal promotion.
Under the direction of the Director of Broking, the Broker will:
- Promote growth of book by supporting new client acquisition through delivery of specialized placement, technical and market expertise
- Stimulate sales through client education and placement of key new coverage lines for existing clients
- Achieve and maintain retention of the assigned renewal book at a level in keeping with Lloyd Sadd’ business plans
- Develop effective advance renewal strategy and manage renewal process for major clients in all branches within designated sector
- Participate actively with Senior Brokers or other Account Team members with strategic placement discussions
- Assist with improving processes for the critical file pre-work with service teams
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of Lloyd Sadd’ “Go To Market” Strategy.
In conjunction with other Broking Team and Client Team members, the Broker will:
- Support presentations on new business capabilities and final proposals to new and existing clients, and participating in person if required
- Mentor teams on pertinent coverage and market issues including
- Primary functional contact for placements qualifying for broker support
- Leverage business relationships to successfully negotiate preferred terms for our clients
- Influence and Improve team efficiencies around risk placement and negotiation, including timelines, coverage and submission standards
- Participate in industry and association events
- Communicate regular reports on activities, wins and losses in the market.
OTHER FUNCTIONAL TASKS:
Where required, the Broker will perform the following tasks for appropriate accounts within their specialty area:
- Accept delegation of specific files from Senior or Leadership Staff on files as required
- Complete Internal Risk Review Strategy for qualifying accounts effectively
- Assist other Brokers and Service Teams with technical and placement decisions or with completing coverage gap analysis
- Act as Market Champion for markets assigned by the Director of Broking
- Perform other related duties where appropriate or where assigned or delegated by members of the Leadership Team
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ progressively responsible experience in an Underwriting, Broking, Loss Control, Risk Management, Business Development, or Client Executive role within the Insurance Industry or a related industry
- A valid Alberta Insurance Council (AIC) Level 1 or Level 2 Insurance license
- Working towards, or successful completion of, one or more of the following industry or speciality designations: CIP, FCIP, CAIB, CRM, CRIS; or their equivalent in other jurisdictions
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, including ability to explain proposal documents to colleagues or clients with a high degree of technical proficiency
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage workflows
- Strong Problem Solving skills, including ability to act with an appropriate sense of urgency to make decisions, overcome obstacles, and achieve objectives within a timeline
- Software literacy, including above average to excellent working knowledge of MS Office; particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; and the ability to learn Broker Management System software as needed;
- Maintain positive industry (insurance industry or specialty sector) image and key stakeholder relationships, including the ability to work effectively with team members, underwriters and clients.
Apply online by emailing and updated Resume & Cover Letter to Courtney Bosch, Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.