IBU Account Executive
The Independent Business Unit Account Executive has the primary responsibility for the growth of a book of business clients that generally defined, have premiums of less than $25,000.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages based on skills and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits after ninety days of employment.
- RRSP matching component.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Flexible working hours.
- Personal Days & Health and Wellness Days.
- Positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth development and internal promotion.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide a high standard of service to the existing IBU book of business while still working to expand the client base via referrals and other prospecting activities;
- Leads can be provided from Personal Lines & Large Commercial and the IBU AE will be required to follow-up on those leads;
- The IBU AE will do their own marketing which may include providing proposals to the various Insurers for quotation;
- Providing proposals and quotations to the prospects;
- Developing, with the Director of Service, a slate of new business activities for each year and undertaking the activities necessary to generate new business sales;
- Attending clients’ premises as appropriate;
- Attending to the “policy service” needs of an assigned and produced book of clients;
- Attending to underwriter requests on small business policies, including the production of applications etc.;
- Working with an assigned Account Assistant(s) to ensure that all client policies are appropriately documented, procedures are followed, and the like;
- Both new business and client retention is key to the success of this position;
- Development of an individual plan for each year, to include prospecting activities, growth targets, program development (as appropriate), and service planning;
- Successful completion of CIP program or be working towards it.
- Other insurance related designations plus related experience may be considered
- Level 2 General License
- A minimum of 3-5 years industry experience.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and clients;
- Skill in analysis, problem solving, critical thinking, decision making and working ahead of potential challenges;
- Skill in teamwork, communication, innovation, and adaptability, along with a customer focus, results orientation, and business sense;
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines;
- High degree of resourcefulness and flexibility;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to internal stakeholders and external clients;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and EPIC
Apply online by emailing and updated Resume & Cover Letter to Courtney Bosch, Human Resources email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, visit our website www.lloydsadd.com