Loss Control Specialist
POSITION: Loss Control Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Lloyd Sadd Risk Services
LOCATION: Edmonton, AB or Calgary, AB – Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers
SUPPORTING: Pitcher & Doyle Dealership Program & Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers
REPORTING TO: Shawn Bower, Director, Risk Services
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Director- Lloyd Sadd Risk Services this role is primarily responsible for the execution of Loss Control Visits and Risk Management program training on a Western scale for Pitcher & Doyle’s dealership program.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing loss control assessments: Analyzing and management of in force risks, pre-inspection of prospective risks and risk management for all new business accounts identifying potential risks and hazards that may lead to loss.
- Use of the software or platform for the creation of professional Loss Control reports.
- Broker & Client presentations on Loss Control and Underwriting topics including industry trends, results.
- Attend and set up of Trade shows across Western Canada representing Pitcher & Doyle with the specific goal of growth of the organization.
- Working within budgets to align with the corporate allocation.
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience of dealer principals with specific emphasis on Risk Quality and Loss Prevention.
- Explaining and communicating any external risk to stakeholders.
- Working with Risk Managers for larger dealer groups, the creation of business continuity plans to limit or mitigate risk.
- Ensure timely follow up with clients of serious/important loss control recommendations, reporting to management / underwriting immediately of any non-compliance.
- While working in a team environment, provide exceptional service to your assigned brokers and their portfolio.
- Communicate results, outstanding issues, national industry trends and business opportunities to the Director of Risk Services.
- Build strong relationships with our key brokers working with them to generate new business opportunities.
- Provide support for special projects and any other duties as required.
INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience working in both property/casualty and automobile (Garage) lines of business.
- Exceptional knowledge of Commercial underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Management principals.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage time, scheduling, and report creation.
- Computer skills that including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel in Western Canada (Primarily in Alberta) to conduct Loss Control Inspections up to 30% of the time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University / College degree
- CRM Designation
- Minimum 5 years of Commercial Loss Control and Risk Management experience
- Loss Control Industry specific experience
- Fire protection & Building Codes knowledge
- Dealership loss control experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages based on skills and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits after ninety days of employment.
- RRSP matching component.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Flexible working hours.
- Personal Days & Health and Wellness Days.
- Positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth development and internal promotion.
Apply online by emailing an updated Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.