Commercial Account Manager
The Account Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients while providing overall direction to the Account Assistant. Account Managers are expert advisors responsible for managing a book of business, servicing clients in a courteous and professional manner, and assisting the producer in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business. In addition, The Account Manager is responsible for the input of new business and marketing documents as well as other administrative duties as required to enhance the team’s overall effectiveness.
- Accountable to the Unit Manager and Account Executive for the assigned book of business
- To lead, develop, and coach the Account Assistant
- Responsible to delegate and direct work to Account Assistant’s to ensure timelines are being met and to review accuracy of documentation
- To foster and develop open two-way communication by conducting meaningful, informative and productive weekly or bi-weekly team meetings
- Responsible for managing a book of business
- Works closely with Account Executives on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to Lloyd Sadd’s best practices and standard procedures
- Initiate Account Planning with Producer 120 days in advance of the renewal
- Set clear expectation for client and business partners by providing same day response time
- In collaboration with Account Executives; coordinate, support plans, discuss arising issues and create comprehensive plans for existing clients
- Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate
- Manage account documentation (i.e., routine inquires, quotes, cover notes, statement of values, insurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
- Review client’s current coverage and exposures, loss experience and analyze risk to determine the product/service requirements
- Ensure EPIC workflows are followed including maintaining and updating custom forms
- Maintain Claims information in EPIC which includes; input, update and follow-up with client
- Ensure accurate and timely servicing and billing of accounts
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
- May participate in or conduct client meetings when necessary
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, team and other Lloyd Sadd departments and offices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial insurance experience required
- Level II license required
- US related exposure required
- C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation(s) preferred
- Solid understanding of policy wordings/coverages
- Ability to mentor others and proven negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and EPIC
- Travel may be required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages based on skills and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits after ninety days of employment.
- RRSP matching component.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for growth development and internal promotion.
Ready to apply? We thought so!
Apply online by emailing Courtney Fry, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org please include an updated copy of your resume and cover letter.
For more information, visit our website www.lloydsadd.com
We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.