Commercial Account Manager
The Account Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients while providing overall direction to the Account Assistant. Account Managers are expert advisors responsible for managing a book of business, servicing clients in a courteous and professional manner, and assisting the producer in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business. In addition, The Account Manager is responsible for the input of new business and marketing documents as well as other administrative duties as required to enhance the team’s overall effectiveness.
- Accountable to the Unit Manager and Account Executive for the assigned book of business
- To lead, develop, and coach the Account Assistant
- Responsible to delegate and direct work to Account Assistant’s to ensure timelines are being met and to review accuracy of documentation
- To foster and develop open two-way communication by conducting meaningful, informative and productive weekly or bi-weekly team meetings
- Responsible for managing a book of business
- Works closely with Account Executives on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to Lloyd Sadd’s best practices and standard procedures
- Initiate Account Planning with Producer 120 days in advance of the renewal
- Set clear expectation for client and business partners by providing same day response time
- In collaboration with Account Executives; coordinate, support plans, discuss arising issues and create comprehensive plans for existing clients
- Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate
- Manage account documentation (i.e., routine inquires, quotes, cover notes, statement of values, insurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
- Review client’s current coverage and exposures, loss experience and analyze risk to determine the product/service requirements
- Ensure EPIC workflows are followed including maintaining and updating custom forms
- Maintain Claims information in EPIC which includes; input, update and follow-up with client
- Ensure accurate and timely servicing and billing of accounts
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
- May participate in or conduct client meetings when necessary
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, team and other Lloyd Sadd departments and offices
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience required
- Level II license required
- Large Construction/Oil & Gas Account experience strongly preferred
- C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation(s) preferred
- Solid understanding of policy wordings/coverages
- Ability to mentor others and proven negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and EPIC
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salaries based on knowledge and experience;
- Comprehensive Benefits after 90 days of employment;
- Matching RRSP Contributions after 90 days of employment;
- Flexible Working Arrangements & Schedules;
- Career development & Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Discounts;
- Health and Wellness Initiatives;
- Referral Bonuses for both New Business and Talent;
- A positive and safe work environment!
Attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining dedicated team members, is a critical component of Lloyd Sadd’s success. We commit ourselves to a culture that motivates and recognizes high performance through professional development opportunities which include progressive responsibilities, recognition for effort and rewards based on results.
Ready to apply? We thought so!
Apply online by emailing Courtney Fry, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to include your resume & cover letter including the position title in your subject line as noted above.
We thank all those who apply however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.