Insurance for Amateur Sports
At Lloyd Sadd Insurance, we understand the business of amateur sport and the risks that are associated with it. When it comes to amateur sport league insurance in Alberta, the emphasis is on liability for bodily injury. The reason for this is that the consequences of an injury can be quite severe. In addition, there is also the opportunity for frequency when you take into consideration the number of Canadians that take part in various sports at levels that range from recreational to competitive.
Awareness and risk identification is the all important first step in the process of purchasing the right amateur sports insurance package to meet your needs. Although we may not be an expert in your particular sport, we do understand the risks and we are will to do all that we can to help you manage them. Read below for some details on how you need to be protected if you are in the business of amateur sports.
A few examples of liability risk for amateur sports include:
- Allegations of fraud or misrepresentation
- Directors and officers
- Errors and omissions
- Automobiles, which included vehicles that are personally driven, as well as those that are driven by employees or volunteers while they are working within the scope of their duties
- Employee dishonesty and crime
- Bodily injury liability, which include the spectators as well as those participating in the sport
- Property damage liability
- Personal injury, which includes libel, slander, invasion of privacy and wrongful eviction
- Privacy breaches and identity theft
- Molestation and abuse
- Contractual liability
- Work done by others, such as employees and sub-contractors
- Employers liability for injuries sustained by employees
- Liability that arises out of the use of non-owned automobiles
- Liability assumed under a contract
- Employment practices liability, which includes wrongful dismissal, discrimination, abuse or harassment
- Host liquor liability for events where alcohol is served
- Extra expense insurance
- Loss of business income
Lloyd Sadd Insurance offer a wide array of comprehensive amateur sports league insurance options. Because we specialize in coverage associated with amateur sports, our team members have the experience and knowledge to make sure that your organization as well as all of its members is adequately protected.
A Lloyd Sadd Insurance representative will take the time to listen to you in order to identify the specific risk level that is associated with your particular sport. We feel that the only way to provide each of our clients with the ideal amateur sports league insurance is to have a complete understanding of their sport. Therefore, we take the time to get to know you so we can offer you the protection that best matches your specific needs.
Amateur Sports Insurance Highlights
As an amateur sports organization, you need to protect the personal property of your business, such as athletic equipment, computers and furniture, from loss that results due to theft, fire vandalism or other causes that are covered in your amateur sport league insurance policy. Coverage may be extended to include athletic equipment that is stored offsite in a commercial storage building or at the athletic field.